2011-09-04

Snow


Looking at the snow,
staring out this window,
gentle wind blows,
the snow...

...in different directions,
no specific intentions,
landing randomly,
seemingly inconspicuously.

The trees are bare,
icy cold glare,
from old Mr. Winter.
Sounds absorbed and insolated,
by the snow covered hill,
leafless weeds almost still.

White, fluffy, untouched,
loving this vantage point much,
it's such,
a wonderful feeling of love.

I feel compassion,
and also satisfaction.

Single fence post,
standing by its lonesome,
like a brave soul,
out in the cold,
as the wind blows,
tossing about the snow.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110202

8 comments:

  1. Steve, this is so serene. The flow and subtle rhyming made me feel like I was floating down like the snow. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice capture of your view...snow is so magic, turing the world pure...muffling sounds...the nod to the fence post out there at the end is very nice...cool write...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single fence post,
    standing by its lonesome,
    like a brave soul,
    out in the cold,
    as the wind blows,
    tossing about the snow.

    That stanza could almost stand by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful..i can literally feel the snow falling down on my shoulder as i read this

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had plenty of that last winter. You bring the landscape alive so easily here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the beautiful comments ♥
    This piece (as almost all of my writing) has significant meaning to me, so it is wonderful receiving such touching feedback.

    I won't be here much in the coming days, but I promise to review as many others as I can when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds lovely there! (and I don't even like the cold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. brr...the first snow fall is always beautiful. and you captured its beauty

    ReplyDelete