2011-09-08

I do it with love


Fighting off torture and pain,
trying to change my ways,
I'm going through identity crisis,
and I'll never be the same,
or insane,
I just poke fun at myself,
I can't help,
holding the cards that I've been dealt,
but I've felt,
periods of relief,
I've got to stand for me,
and continue to believe,
that I have worth,
and I have purpose in my birth,
these words from my pen prove that I belong on this earth,
dirt, I'm sick of my face in the sand,
I'm going to stand up proudly,
and keep hope instead of making demands.

I hurt, just like everyone else,
but I'm not afraid to push when I get shoved,
enough, I got somethin' to say,
I feel comfort when I'm in graffiti soaked alleyways,
and train bridges,
because they deliver a sense of peace and moments of forgiveness,
sickness,
I don't believe that I am,
the bipolar chastized retard that can't get up again,
man,
do I ever get up,
I master every craft I touch, and I do it with love.
I'm rough,
a little around the edges,
but there are the relentless and pretentious,
who classify me as one of my sentences,
but alas,
I continue to speak,
and will forever do so, as long as I breathe,
this is me, stevieb, did you think I'd give up?,
you can put me down, but I won't drown,
and prove I can love,
from above, like everyone else,
I was born with spiritual gifts,
just because you can't find yours,
doesn't mean on me you can spit.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110907

No comments:

Post a Comment