2011-09-10

Up in the streets


Middle of broad daylight,
crew's got the scene tight,
so much better when I can see,
instead of the middle of the night,
a bag full of Molotow,
one in each hand,
as I stand on this pallet,
reaching as high as I can.
Got three throwies up,
but it still ain't enough,
I want to fill in faster,
but these fat caps kinda suck.

But I'm in luck,
the boys just want me to do the design,
they'll fill in the rest,
then let me do the outline,
but time,
isn't on my side...

I can't do a great big piece,
I've got a gallon of wheatpaste that will cook in this heat,
so they'll finish the bomb,
and in my calm, I'll whip out my brush,
and if I have any luck,
I'll get this stuck,
without drowning in this muck,
but if it happens,
I'll be laughin',
I'll jump in the river from the train bridge,
that we just walked passed.

Ten cans used, and a 10x10 paste,
I feel elated,
on this day,
I wrote two poems while my boys sprayed and waited.

Get out, get up,
it's what the world needs,
more artistic love,
put up in the streets.

© spektrum aka. sieco aka. delyrius 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment