2011-09-08

Most precious gem


I'm sorry I've seemed quite a bit distant,
it isn't because I don't want to listen,
I've just had to deal with emotions,
that came out of the closet,
my love for you is alive,
and is never forgotten.

You are always, my most precious gem,
I'll tell you I love you over and over,
then I'll tell you again,
I pray every day that you will understand,
that my quiet self-reflection will only strengthen this man.

You are my dreams, my hopes and all my aspirations,
I will sacrifice my soul for you, without hesitation,
please see the love in my eyes, it will always burn strong,
in my arms and my heart, you will forever belong.

I'm dealing with my issues, my darkest inner pain,
my reluctance to speak about it, isn't meant to push you away,
I've never had anyone, who cares so much,
so I keep things in, falsely believing it protects our love.

You are my angel, my love and light Goddess,
the way I've bottled up, has been completely thoughtless,
I feel completely empty, when I'm down and blue,
but I promise from now on,
I will trust and share with you.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110907

No comments:

Post a Comment