2011-09-05

Sands of time


Life is ephemeral, everything changes so fast,
so few things in life, have the ability to last.
love however is eternal, the epitome of divine,
one product in existence, that can outlast even time.
Words too live an infinite existence,
with the power to destroy or bring deliverance.

My love and my words, exist in my soul and not my mind,
after I'm dead and gone, they'll both reside in the sands of time.
I used to write about hate, evil and disgust,
now I find myself continuously writing about love.

I've become a miracle, an indigo all grown up,
inside this grown up man, a little boy still is stuffed.
It's never too late, to forgive yourself for your past,
no matter how bad things seem, self-love can be amassed.

Give yourself some credit,
you're only as strong as you say,
stevieb is now proud,
to be living in this way.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110610

2 comments:

  1. Write on, Poet! Buildin street cred with your words! No better way :) Good to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natasha! Just this year I've decided to put some of my poetic art out there.. a couple per day :) I'm really enjoying meeting other writers, and the feedback and love in the 'industry' is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete