2011-09-02

This is not a write


A moment of fear, rips through my veins,
I want to write lyrics, but got nothin' to say.
Don't know what to do, so for words I will pray,
waiting for a miracle, staring blankly at this page.

Forget the words, I can't even settle on a topic,
I had one in my head earlier, but then lost it.
Oh well, there's nothing I can do,
I'll just vomit on this paper, and see what is produced.

I want to write about love, but that just ain't flowin',
and forget about lyrics, man, I keep chokin'.
Whoever controls my talent, please send it back,
without it, my writes are dreadfully flat.

This is my version, of the dreaded writer's block,
been drugged with sedatives, and gagged with a sock.
It's gone! it's gone!, what's happened to me!?,
I've gone all silent, and lost my creativity!

I literally am stuck, it gets worse over time,
the longer I do this, the more I stress my mind.
Inability to write, puts me in a bad mood,
but instead of pouting, I'll read your art,
to see if I can be inspired by you.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110902

No comments:

Post a Comment