2011-09-01

The universe is your oyster



I'm sitting here, as I bide my time,
the only lies I've faced, were those inside.
Emotions erratic, as I write with my pen,
what's in store, for my next level of ascension?

I know what is wrong, it can all be fixed,
everything is perfect, if I say it is.
Curious about my future, but I'm not afraid,
even in rough times, I don't need to feel pain.

I won't hurt you, I don't mean you any harm,
despite having a criminal record, longer than both arms,
if my words offend you, I'm sorry it's just my brand,
I'm responsible for my words, not the way you understand.

Sometimes my words flow, sometimes it's hit or miss,
sometimes so beautiful, they remind me of a kiss.
Been a week since I wrote, so this is better than nothin',
even if it feels like garbage, my soul is sayin' somethin'.

So let's bask, in this place we call today,
worry about yesterday and tomorrow, will drive us insane.
Get your love on, and shine your light upon our world,
the universe is your oyster, and you are the pearl.

-Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110602

No comments:

Post a Comment