2011-09-13

Love described as words


Dearest Sabra, my one and only,
rescued me from a life of feeling lonely,
how does a poet come up with the words,
to accurately portray what you deserve?
All I can do is write to the best of my ability,
exercising from the depths of my linguistic agility.

My love for you comes from an emotional collection,
a visualization of the full colour spectrum,
a musical symphony that has until now been unheard,
and I try to transpose these senses into words.

My love glows for you like a star in the night,
your very presence provides delight in my life,
the grass is greener, and the sky more crystal blue,
since the very day you adopted my soul into you.

I see a future with colour, I see a future full of hope,
it won't be long, and you'll see actions instead of notes.
My future is vibrant, my future has purpose,
this time we've had apart, has been more than worth it.

If you feel this is a fairy tale, that may be true,
but you are Cinderella, and I have your glass shoe.
So be prepared for love, and all that comes with it,
because my words will turn to action, and my actions are intrinsic.

I won't care what we have, I won't care where we live,
I just know in my heart that we'll be harmonious.
We are perfect together, forever we belong,
my love story with you, will be my unwritten song.

We will live a life, like in another dimension,
it will continuously feel like escalating ascension.
Our love is divine, it will act as our guide,
our souls will merge as one, providing eternal peace of mind.

When I tell you that I love you, close your eyes and make a wish,
and before you know it, I will bless you with a kiss.
My love is like a river, a river with no end,
each morning we wake up,
we'll have a newly heightened love all over again.

If my beloved words, bring tears to your eyes,
open your heart, and open your mind.
My words aren't even half of my love so pure and true,
you will be in for the shock of a lifetime,
when I can show all my love to you.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110822

5 comments:

  1. How sweet you write. I do like these lines.

    "My love is like a river, a river with no end,
    each morning we wake up,
    we'll have a newly heightened love all over again."

    And I hope she likes this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude this is a beautiful love...unashamed and wild love...the fairy tale, future in color...and you honor that love well and respect it...may it always warm you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sorry for your loss as well steve...thoughts and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete