2011-09-02

Girl in crack central


I ride past this girl, sitting in this van,
as her parents and friends, drink beer out of cans.
A part of her life, she'll never get back,
this area is known, for meth and for crack.

On this little girl, I want to see a smile on her face,
so on this hydro box, I'll draw a character with spray paint.
Take her out of her moment, of impatience and pain,
risking charges of vandalism in the open, just to entertain.

I hope her parents, get up out of drugs,
and replace their lifestyle, with one full of love.
Time will pass, but it will never be missed,
get rid of the pipe, and give her a kiss.

I don't know her story, but I know I can relate,
I can see the disdain, and pain on her face.
I don't know who you are, but I send you love and light,
I hope my spray painted guy, gives you smiles for tonight.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110902

No comments:

Post a Comment