2011-08-27

My graffiti

Only a pen and a paper, is on my wishlist,
my writing comes and goes, just like hit or miss,
but I'll never give up, I'll do what I always did,
I've given up everything else,
but writing I'll never quit.

I feel at home, when I visit the inner city streets,
writing graff with a crew, that doesn't belong to me,
acting as a spotter, as I write with my pen,
but now someone's done,
and its my turn to write with the spray can.

I write love everywhere, all over city streets,
if you happen to notice it, it was probably me.
From Calgary to Halifax, you can see my art,
the law can't even keep, me and my spray cans apart.

But what about your wheatpastes,
thought you were eco friendly,
well ya, but the odd time my cans come with me,
it's like my medication,for my bipolar disease,
a sense of openness, a spiritual release.

Look at the spray, as rust proofing and weather protection,
everything I write, is written with intention.
It doesn't hurt you, and it soothes my soul,
I'm not a vandal, I just wanna feel whole.

So the next time you see graff, try to envision what they're sayin',
it could be inner pain, that the writer is stating.
It could be keeping someone, out of real trouble,
in all reality, the cans allow me to release my feelings,
and get out of my bubble.

So when you see my art, on a wall or train bridge,
have some empathy, and accept it for what it is.
I keep it in areas, that are owned publicly,
I'm in places you might not look,
so my art must be seen specifically.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110827

No comments:

Post a Comment