2011-08-27

Happy to be me

Since I met my girl, look how my rhymes have cleaned up,
shit, there's no more swearing, oh man, fuck!
I wrecked it, oh well, I'm allowed to make mistakes,
some of the old me, is still allowed to demonstrate.

I've been changing, and do I ever feel alive,
there's no more hate, scortching through my eyes.
I don't know what I'd do, if it wasn't for you,
probably smashing out walls while crying the blues.

Can you see how much I've changed?,
I don't know how I ever survived that way.
Stabbing myself to deal with the pain,
muscles almost inverted,
clenched so tight with seething hate.

I still have down times, and I still have ups,
I can still harbour pain, and still say I don't give a fuck.
But I'm recognizing the symptoms, and can see with clarity,
for once in my life, I'm happy to be me.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110827

No comments:

Post a Comment