2011-10-29

In the face of...


...adversity,
my death was the birth of me,
I put two fingers up to those who curse me,
I agreed to sign a lease for these city streets,
and nobody can hurt me,
I believe in freedom,
and I promote it perfectly,
geez...
what else do I have to say?,
I've killed off my old self,
but hang onto old ways...
old ways that don't die,
they continue to linger,
so I'll still pull the trigger on the middle finger,
if my process is being hindered,
I'm a winner,
I can go down but I get back up,
I'm tough,
like a piece of steel with no rust,
I kick dust,
in the faces of the corrupt,
while I become a soul you can trust and love.

What's the purpose of this write?,
how am I supposed to know,
take it with your perception,
and awaken your soul to become whole.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20111029

No comments:

Post a Comment