2011-11-01

Writer's block escape




I produce beats that I don't even rap to,
twisting up tracks, the result is a crap shoot,
I do it for fun, what ends up doesn't matter,
biting Mary J. Blige samples to hear peoples laughter.

This is a game, I much prefer to write,
writing has been the story of my life,
so despite the fact I barely touch the mic,
I eat breathe and sleep hip hop, from morning through to night.

My words are the beats that tell the mixer what to do,
cross-fade that kick,
up the attack and decay too,
here we come again, one two three,
this is what I do,
when writer's block occurs with me.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20111101


1 comment:

  1. Link to the flattened mp3 version of the beat I was working on: http://www.muziboo.com/soulwrites/music/my-world-burns-beat/

    ReplyDelete