2011-10-23

Humanitarian cause

See, I despise the American way of life,
selling guns to other countries for genocide isn't right,
I love the American people,
but dislike those in power,
speak against me after I hit your hood with uranium showers,
I'm a person of peace,
despite what you believe,
I'm intrigued by your opinions,
but you speak while inner-city homeless can't eat,
if you want provocation,
first attend a political demonstration,
and begin debating,
why I'm loved more than I'm hated.

This is clearly about you,
the civilians I'm trying to protect,
you have nothing left,
wake up and protest,
I'm in angst but I'm not upset,
by your belligerent dissent,
I request your respect,
as I attest at your behest,
that you realize you're in a mess.

I'm in Canada,
but I live on some land,
take my hand,
so you understand,
that I don't bow to any man,
I'm anti-nation,
and I spit on my own government,
I'm under ethical rule,
so under man made corruption I want none of it.

So the next time you say,
that I'm shitting on your country,
know that the majority of your peers already love me,
North America is nothing,
it is very young,
I'll fight with my words,
as you instinctively reach for guns,
it isn't "my country",
and it certainly isn't yours,
so give up your boundary closed attitude,
and start thinking about a humanitarian cause.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20111023

No comments:

Post a Comment