2011-12-11

Every single day


I stand to inheret a whole lot of nothingness,
but the love of my family,
which is gold of blisss that I've missed,
the realness,
of the start,
but this passion and desire is straght from the heart,
I love you homie,
wouldn't be myself without you,
from tying shoes,
jailhouse blues...
we've always been a crew,
we've managed to stay together,
through our own rough patches,
never geven up on hope,
and our love is everlating,
I've been procrastinating... it's in my nature,
I felt your pain as a child and teenager,
I saw the glass shell,
and how your pain became to mass,
and even with the vacancy I went through,
I loved your hopeless ass,
it's crass,
I know,
so I hope you can see the hope I have in you bro,
sometimes cold,
but I always had your back,
even on crack and self hate enacted,
I never gave up hope for the positive actions of my brother,
who was also a poor fatherless bastard,
I see your growth,
and I'm so very proud,
when we aren't One,
I'm not bound to say it out loud...
these aren't my best words,
just a quick burst,
the story is in the works,
containing my feelings of us being out.

I love you brother,
and just wanted to say,
that I wake glowing knowing you're correcting mistakes every singe day.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20111211

1 comment:

  1. this is a beautiful poem of brotherly love. It is so heartfelt that I got chills from reading it.

    ReplyDelete