2012-01-20

Why?


Why do we have a need to completely feel important?,
all I can see is that greed causes distortion,
what is it to be rich, why can't we just have enough?,
why do we keep taking more, when we should be promoting love?

Why do we obey, the laws that they enact?,
when about ethics, they don't give a crap?,
why should I give up my rights, to the police who roam the streets?,
when all they've become are elitist mercenaries?

While the middle class is forced into criminalistic behaviour,
why can't we stand together, and target the enabler?,
why do we fall, for the lies of those with money?,
it's propaganda across the board, I know, I've done the studies.

We have to unite,
against this oppression,
it is disconcerting to see,
so many fall to their deception.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 20110119

3 comments:

  1. I really like the tough, straight-talking poem ... sorry but I don't have any answers to that question that is more often than not on my lips or in my mind as well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback... it is well taken. I understand how you may not have any answers, as in reality and sadly, they are unanswerable questions.

    Peace ♥

    ReplyDelete