2012-04-14

As I sit on this couch

As I sit on this couch,
in this abandoned house,
I wonder what could be stirring,
beyond the feelings of doubt.

I can see much from my past,
that could be tying me,
to have the belief,
that hope shouldn't be within me.

I don't really lie,
and my secrets are evident,
those that look,
can see I want to set positive precidents.

My only crime,
is hidden in truth,
I want everyone to win,
if you were me... wouldn't you?

As I sit on this couch,
in this abandoned house,
I forgive my own past,
and declare war on my doubt.

© Steve Bertrand aka. stevieb 2k120207

4 comments:

  1. it is not doubt i am afraid of...actually i rather relish it, otherwise i might think i actually understand something...smiles...unfortunately we can not all win...and hope lives eternal...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I love the message in this one. That second stanza is power-packed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the introspective nature of this. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete